Trainee Fire & Security Engineer (£16.000 - £18,000)
- Published: Wednesday, 06 November 2019 13:15
Hades Fire Protection are offering an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to break into the growing Fire and Security industry as a junior fire and security engineer, paving the way for a career in a business where the demand for specialist engineers is at an all time high.
We are offering a FULL TIME TRAINING ROLE to work alongside our specialist engineers, learning how to install and maintain commercial fire detection and alarm systems, security and CCTV systems and door access in London and the South East. The right candidate will receive health & safety and industry training and - within an estimated 2 year training schedule - will be put forward for their FIA and NSI qualifications. Competency and pay reviews are offered every six months for the first two years with the opportunity to be re-employed as a full time fire and security engineer depending on progress.
No experience is required but you will need to demonstrate a great attitude, responsibility, enthusiasm and the desire to learn about fire alarms and security systems. The ideal candidate will have some experience working with hand tools, an interest in IT networking and technology and be able to work at heights and conduct yourself in a safe manner.
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 depending on experience.
Hours: 8am - 5pm / Monday to Friday although some flexibility will be required.
YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Training to prepare for fire, security & access installations by reviewing installation orders; gathering equipment, supplies, and tools; working either alone or in a team
- Training to plan installations by surveying and evaluating location; identifying alarm installation requirements; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Training to install equipment; running and pulling wiring; programming equipment; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Training to verify system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
- Maintains records by documenting work day.
- Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths, English and IT
- Responsibility and maturity
- Flexibility - some times we start early or finish late
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on your own (with supervision)
IT WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE TO HAVE:
- Electrical, Construction or IT qualifications
- A driving licence or working towards one
Please note all candidates will be security screened to BS7858 included enhanced DBS check.
We offer 31 days holiday a year, the opportunity to work overtime at time and a half and a work place pension.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.